A few years ago the excitement from harvesting my 1st bull elk, soon gave way to the excitement of developing volumes of recipes for my mountains of Elk Grinds/Burger! This glorious animal provided my family with 217 lbs of chops, roasts, steaks, and tenderloins. Still I had 137 lbs of pure elk burger!
Blackened Elk Burgers with 6 Italian Cheeses is one of my favorite recipes for burgers and sliders.
While I usually make all of my seasoning blends, I absolutely love the all natural Blackened Steak Magic by Chef Paul Prudhomme.
Chef Paul Prudhommes Magic Seasoning Blends has been in business since 1982 when customers from Chef Pauls New Orleans-based K-Pauls Louisiana Kitchen restaurant began asking to take home the chefs unique seasonings. What was once a garage-housed operation has grown to a 50,000 square-foot plant. Currently, Magic Seasoning Blends offers all-natural, MSG free products in sixteen different blends. Give it a try!
- 1 lb ground elk or any venison
- 1 teaspoon Blackened Steak Magic by Chef Paul Prudhomme plus enough for sprinkles on both sides of the burgers or sliders.
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I love Lowensenf extra hot mustard. Product of Germany. Extra hot German mustard. With a dry sharpness.)
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- Several grinds of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup 6 Italian Cheese Shred Blend such as Sargento
- Mix venison burger with all the remaining ingredients. Mix till thoroughly combined.
- Divide into 4 patties, and sprinkle lightly with Prudhomme’s Blackened Steak Magic.
- Cook over very hot coals or in a sizzling hot skillet 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Serve to your liking. Pictured are a few suggestions.