Garlic & Ginger Cod with Sauvignon Blanc Butter Sauce. Paired with fresh mango salsa, and sweet potato salad, makes the perfect summer dish! I easily did all of this with a camper stove top, one pan, and 2 bowls!
Cod and Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs fresh cod fillet
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon spicy mustard
- 3 tablespoons insalted butter divided
- 1/2 cup chopped vidalia onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup good quality sauvignon blanc
- Salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne to taste.
- Saute the chopped onion, garlic, and ginger in 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter till just beginning to soften.
- Add the sauvignon blanc, mustard, and stir to blend all ingredients.
- Add Salt, pepper, and a dash of cayenne to taste and bring to a simmer.
- Add cod fillet, turn under the thin tail end to even out the cooking time of the whole filet, cover and simmer to poach the fillet till just cooked through. Move the cod fillet to a plate. Cover to keep warm and let rest.
- Keeping the pan uncovered, simmer till sauce is reduced by half. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and reduce further to desired thickness.
- Check again for salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Cut cod fillet to desired size pieces. ( this can be done at the beginning as well) Serve with a generous smear of sauce.
I do not measure when making this. Simply peel and chop mango. Mash slightly to release some juices. Stir in chopped onion, copped red pepper, shredded fresh basil, season with salt, pepper, and cayenne.
Sweet Potato Salad:
I do not measure when making this and use what I have on hand.
Peel and chop one large sweet potato. Cook in boiling salted water till tender but firm. Dran and chill in cold water. Add chopped vidalia onion, and chopped red pepper. Add enough mayonnaise to hold togethet. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Chill.