Do you struggle with black drip, scratch, and and oil burns all over your enamel coated cast iron cookware from cooking at high temps and artisanal bread baking? I sure do and it breaks my heart to see my favorite cookware in this condition…
Here is an easy way to clean the enamel without damaging your carefully seasoned interior.
- Place your cookware upside down on several layers of newspaper on a non-corrosive surface. I do this outside on the concrete.
- Spray the enamel side of your cookware with oven cleaner and let sit overnight.
- Place cookware upside down in the siink. Rinse with hot water and scrub with a non scratch scrubber and grease cutting dish soap such as Dawn.
- Rinse well and dry. Wipe out your interior cast iron and coat lightly with oil or lard.
- Warm on the stove or in the oven at 250° F. Wipe the interior lightly and you are done!!
#SurLaTable #DawnUlra #EasyOff