Korean Style Venison Tacos
Instant pot, slow cooker or oven
Korean Style Venison Tacos Ingredients:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 ½ – 2 pounds venison roast
1 Bosc pear (or any type) grated on large holes
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon fiery sesame oil
Dash Cholula Hot Pepper Sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
12 baked blue or yellow corn taco shells
1 handful Fresh parsley – chopped
Cholula Hot Dressed Salad Ingredients:
¼ cup olive oil mayonnaise
2 teaspoons Cholula hot sauce
1 head iceberg lettuce chopped into slivers
1 handful chopped parsley
- Select SAUTÉ on the Instant Pot. Add oil to pot. When
hot, add the venison roast and cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until well
browned on all sides.
- Grate pear into a medium bowl. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, sesame
oil, and hot sauce. Mix well. Pour over browned venison. Press CANCEL. Secure
the lid. Select Meat/Stew and cook for 55 minutes; till for tender.
- Perform a quick pressure release, and shred venison with 2 forks. Sprinkle
with sesame seeds.
- Portion meat into warm tortillas and top with salad and parsley.
(If you do not have a pressure cooker you may SLOW COOK in a Crock Pot for 6 to 7 hours until very tender, or roast in a 325-degree F oven for 4 hours or hours until very tender)
- Combine mayonnaise and hot sauce in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add shredded lettuce and toss to coat. Refrigerate until venison is ready. Shred beef with two forks. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.