It is amazingly easy to make Pickled Eggs at home!
Eggs are a great source of lean protein and good fat. I often adjust the recipe to incorporate new flavors, but here is a good basic recipe for you to try.
- 8 hard boiled, peeled eggs
- 1 1/2 cups white vinegar (or any vinegar you prefer)
- 1 1/2 cups iced water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice (I love Frontier Spice Organic Pickling Spice available via Amazon)
- 1 Rougly chopped and split green onion
- 1 hatch chili cut into slivers
- 3 sprigs fresh dill roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Approximately 6-8 shakes of hot sauce (I prefer Cholula Chili Garlic Hot Sauce)
- Place vinegar, pickling spice, and salt into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place the peeled hard boiled eggs, scallions, pepper slices, garlic, and dill into an oversized container.
- Pour in the hot vinegar, spice mixture.
- Add ice water and stir till ice melts. Brine should cover all eggs… if not choose a more narrow container.
- Add hot sauce to your taste.
- Cover container. Store in the refrigerator.
- Pickling increases over time but eggs are already slightly pickled after even 1 day.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.