- 2 Wild Goose Breasts cut into stew size pieces (I used Snow Geese with great success)
- 7 oz. venison cut into stew size pieces
- 4 oz. Polish Sausage halved and cut into ¼” slices (Ron Stresing graciously gifted me Brandon WI Polish Sausage – fantastic stuff)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 28 oz. can crushed or diced tomatoes (crushed will make a saucier broth & crushed will result in a vegetable-wine broth)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon herbes de Provence
- 2 cups dry white or rose’ wine
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans (rinsed)
- 1 15 oz. bag of frozen boiled pearl onions
- ¾ Seasoned panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a pressure cooker sauté goose breast pieces, venison pieces, and polish sausage slices in oil till brown on all sides. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Add garlic and sauté 2 minutes more.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaves, herbes de Provence, and wine.
- Set pressure cooker to Meat/Stew and cook at high for 30 minutes.
- Quick Release pressure Stir in white beans, onions.
- Pour into a cassole or casserole dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Pour melted butter over bread crumbs
- Bake at 400 degrees F till bubbly & brown; about 40 minutes.
- Serve with sliced French bread.